Saturday, 26 March 2011

It's finally here!

As I write this, I'm on the train down to London Euston. From there, I'll be taking the tube to join the radical worker's bloc on the South London feeder march. What happens after that is anybody's guess.

Where possible, I'll tweet what's happening. No doubt many others will too, so if you're not on the march you should be able to follow with ease what's going on, and beyond the official reporting of the mainstream media. There's lots going on, from several feeder marches and blocs to UK Uncut planning to shut down Oxford Street, so it's worth keeping an eye on.

For my part, contrary to the police/state line, I'm not out for "violence" or a "riot."

Do I believe that a militant challenge to the state is necessary? Absolutely. If we don't make the cuts impossible to implement, or at least the more costly option, they will go ahead. No matter how much people petition those in power. That said, punching a cop or lobbing a petrol bomb is not a radical challenge to the foundations of society. Perhaps necessary in the face of attack, as a legitimate act of self-defence, but hardly an end in itself.

But, as I say, what happens next remains to be seen. Either way, it is bound to be interesting to say the least. So stay tuned!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5